ESSCIElectronics Sector Skills Council of India
Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) is a Not-for-Profit Organization, registered under the Indian Companies Act, 1956.The Council has been promoted by six Associations i.e. CEAMA, ELCINA, IESA (formerly ISA) , IPCA, MAIT & ELCOMA, with financial support by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Electronics Sector Skills Council of India envisions to enable a world class electronics manufacturing industry with an ecosystem for skill development and enhance employability of the large number of Indian human resource.
To establish a structured mechanism wherein ESSCI will facilitate & collaborate with NSDC in strengthening the existing vocational education system for skills development in electronics sector & upgrade vocational training system for the industry to achieve global standards in manpower productivity.
The Council will serve as an apex accreditation & quality improvement body for training institutions in the electronics sector. Based on the National Occupational Standards, ESSCI would develop the assessment & accreditation tools and manuals. In order to facilitate accreditation & certification of the Institutes, it would launch a vibrant accreditation & certification programme.
- Setting up Labour Market Information System (LMIS) to assist planning and delivery of training. Develop a sector skill development plan for the Electronics Industry based on the National Policy on Electronics.
- Development of National Occupational Standards (NOS) customized & implemented towards Indian Standards & Requirements and adopted by the Electronics Industry.
- Developing skill competency standards and qualifications for upgrading youth/work force at par with the developed countries.
- To help the member organizations across market verticals sharpen their business focus, updating on the emerging market trends and development Standardization of affiliation and accreditation process & participation in the process.
- Plan and execute training of trainers.
- Ensure delivery of training programs by accredited organizations as per industry norms and standards.
- Standardisation of affiliation and accreditation process & participation in the process.